The Essentia Foundation is a charity that once operated Health and Social Welfare telephone counselling and information services supported by data processing and analysis in the field of public information. Their clients included HEBS, the Scottish Government, the Department of Health and the Central Office of Information as well as pharmaceutical companies. When the company was sold, the Essentia Foundation was established.
The Foundation provides financial support to charities and community groups to help achieve the following objectives:
- Improved health and social welfare of children and young people up to the age of 25 years old.
- Increased opportunities for training, enhancing learning, upskilling, and developing career opportunities, and supporting young people up to the age of 25 years old to move towards employment.
To learn more about the Essentia Foundation, please visit their website.
Purpose of this fund
This round of funding is aimed at supporting grassroots community organisations across Scotland. Grants are to be spent over a period of 12 months.
The fund is looking for projects that:
- Support the participation in mainstream society for individuals with learning disabilities or long-term life limiting health conditions
- Support young people who face long-term challenges living in poverty and inequality.
- Support those who have been excluded from school to access or return to education or training opportunities
- Provide skills and training to those who are furthest from the labour market
- Aim to improve the health and welfare of children and young people (being those under 25)
Please note the above are all in relation to supporting young people up to the age of 25 only.
Deadline 30th Nov 2022