A new Scottish Government fund for towns, administered by Scotland’s Towns Partnership, is now open for applications. Please read below for key details, and you can also access full information, the application form and guidance note on our website here.
The Towns and BIDs Resilience and Recovery Fund, announced as part of a £2m package by the Scottish Government on 12th June, is intended to support localised response activities contributing to town centre and high street resilience and recovery.
From Monday 15 June, the £1 million funding stream for towns recovery as part of this wider package is open for applications. The fund is aimed at supporting immediate concerns and actions to help prepare towns, their communities and businesses for the gradual easing of lockdown rules. Examples of actions which can be funded may include, but are not restricted to:
● Physical distancing and public health infrastructure: supply or installation of distancing markers, outdoor protection while queuing, protective screens, PPE, and hand sanitising equipment.
● ‘Open for Business’ maps or directories made available via local media and online portals; listing information on operating businesses and emergency contacts.
● ‘Virtual high streets’: digital markets, e-commerce platforms & apps for your town.
● Social media, print and local communications campaigns around a ‘Love Local’ message, and to help people feel safe and confident to engage with their town centre or high street.
● Actions or activities to help local authorities maintain and manage public spaces.
Eligibility and Timeline
The fund is open to local authorities and constituted groups with suitable governance controls, including Town Centre Partnerships, Town Teams, Traders or Business Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Community or Development Trusts, Housing Associations, Council-led initiatives, CICs, SCIOs and Charitable Community Groups.
If the application is made on behalf of a constituted group other than a local authority, then projects must be agreed with the local authority prior to submitting the application.
Towns with Business Improvement Districts which are already benefiting from the COVID-19 BIDs Resilience Fund will only be eligible in exceptional circumstances for the £1m Towns Fund open from 15 June. BIDs will be able to access the new recovery fund from September 2020 when the current BIDs Resilience Fund expires.
Eligible organisations can apply for the Towns Resilience and Recovery Fund from today, Monday 15th June. The final closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 24th July, however funds will be allocated on a rolling basis. Please note and apply as early as possible, once your project has been agreed with your Local Authority, as depending on applications received, the total fund may be allocated before the 24th July deadline is reached.
Application and Guidance
To apply, please download and fill out the application form below, and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the guidance document before making your application to ensure you meet all criteria.
For queries or enquiries, you can contact Alison Jones at: email@example.com.
Towns and BIDs Resilience and Recovery Fund – Application Form (click to download).
Towns and BIDs Resilience and Recovery Fund – Advice Note (click to download).