The Midsteeple Quarter (MSQ) project is now moving to an exciting new phase. We have successfully raised capital funds for Development Phase One and recruited a dedicated project team to deliver the day-to-day running of the project. We are keen to expand our Board of Directors to strengthen governance and oversight while maintaining the representation of the community at the heart of the project.
MSQ is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and are keen to support volunteers with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. We particularly encourage applications from young people, those from ethnic minorities and people with disabilities who are currently under-represented on the Board. We would also like to increase the numbers of people involved who currently live or work in the town centre and people from low-income backgrounds.
We particularly require two directors who can offer governance and oversight on behalf of the board (and membership) of the human resources policies of MSQ in respect of employees and freelance contracts and give advice and oversight on the legal dealings of MSQ, for example regarding property acquisitions, contracts and relationships with stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- An interest in the project and enthusiasm for community-led regeneration of the High Street.
- Knowledge of HR, ideally with several years’ experience in the field
- A track record of managing change and developing small organisations
- Knowledge of third sector governance and, ideally, community benefit societies
- Regulatory experience is desirable
- A qualified or retired solicitor, advocate or equivalent
- Knowledge of property and contract law
- Good understanding of FCA regulations and third sector governance
Directors typically volunteer 6-8 hours of their time each month. As well as attending and preparing for a board meeting every 4-6 weeks (usually on a weekday evening), most directors will also attend a monthly sub-group meeting. Travel and childcare expenses will be provided in line with MSQ’s expenses policy.
To apply or find out more, please send a cover email and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 26th June.