Scottish Government have indicated that the next round of the Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (RCGF) is now open for stage 1 applications for projects seeking funding in 2024/25.
The Fund has four areas of focus-
- Projects that primarily focus on areas which suffer from high levels of deprivation and disadvantage;
- Projects that demonstrate clear community involvement;
- Projects that will deliver transformational change with strong regeneration outcomes;
- Projects and programmes which have the potential to lever in private sector investment and address long term market failure;
Further details are available in the Scottish Government email below and the associated webpage: https://www.gov.scot/policies/regeneration/capital-investment/. Scottish Government have updated RCGF Stage -1 Application Form Template
In previous rounds of the Fund, the City Council – working in partnership with local organisations including housing associations, regeneration agencies and cultural organisations – secured several millions of pounds for a variety of projects. In addition to the criteria above, experience from previous rounds of the RCGF have shown that successful applications meet as many of the following criteria as possible:
- Address a local need for services and/or employment;
- Support from local community organisation(s);
- Support from local elected members;
- Evidence of match funding for capital works;
- Evidence of revenue funding and a viable business plan;
- Bringing Listed buildings or other buildings of merit back into productive use;
- Being able to spend funding or commit funding by March 2025.
The Scottish Government deadline for this first stage of applications is 5pm, Wednesday 21st June. Note that submissions are made by the Council rather than individual organisations (projects in the Clyde Gateway area can apply through them). Scottish Government will then shortlist projects for the more detailed Stage 2 application process in November (date TBC).
To allow GCC to review potential applications, and advise on improving them, they require final draft applications to be submitted to GTCAP@glasgow.gov.uk mailbox no later than 4pm, Monday 12th June.
As in previous years, GCC are expecting a significant number of applications from organisations in the city. GCC will only submit applications that are assessed as having a reasonable chance of being shortlisted, and will prioritise projects that can demonstrate viability (both in terms of delivering the capital project, and the sustainability of the project). Projects that applied and/or were shortlisted in the previous round of RCGF will require to revise and update their application if they wish to be considered this year. Potential new applicants in particular should closely review the Scottish Government Guidance Note which details the information required in an application.
Due to staff moves and changes, GCC will not be able to assist potential applicants to draft and revise their applications to the same extent as in previous years.
All applications submitted by the 12th June deadline MUST therefore be as finalised as possible, including details such as project start and completion dates, costs, and funding.
Please refer to the Scottish Government Guidance Note in the first instance for detailed guidance on how to complete the application.