Economic Development Specialist/ Economist – Principal
PBA provides a broad range of range of economic development & economic advice to our public and private sector clients to support their development and strategy ambitions. They provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
Their clients include: local authorities, UK and Scottish Government agencies, private and other public sector interests in the residential, energy, retail, distribution and other sectors; Universities, Colleges and others.
Following recruitment over the last 18 months, PBA’s involvement in economic development, regeneration and development projects continues to grow. They’re now looking to further expand their team.
You will be involved in its ongoing development, working closely with our leadership team to build our relationships with clients, ensuring we continue to provide them with market leading advice. You will have project development and management responsibility , also working with other members of the team to develop their skills.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a truly multi-disciplinary business to develop new business relationships and deliver excellence for our clients in the public and private sectors.
You will have at least 5 years post graduate experience in an economic development/ economics / development environment.
- Reinforce the team in Scotland in response to a combination of existing workloads and emerging opportunities in the public and private sectors
- Project support through management, analysis and delivery; and delegation of appropriate tasks to junior staff
- Work winning capability
- Maintaining and build positive client relationships
- Understanding and experience of economic development and the planning system in Scotland
- Good client and network relationships
- Ability to secure work
- Effective bid writing capability
- Economics, Planning or related degree
- Experience of public and private sector requirements, economic assessments and appraisals, business case development
- Excellent understanding of economic principles associated with development and infrastructure
- Relevant experience in economic development/ strategy/ economic analysis
- Good communication and facilitation skills, including authoring reports and co-ordinating inputs.
PBA offers significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It’s a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
They offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Please apply via the following link