Salary: £22,000 to £25,000 per annum
Contract: Temporary – 1-year post
Summary and main purpose of role
The Larder delivers a range of training and employability programmes in West Lothian, aimed at providing support to unemployed individuals to take them into training, learning or work. We deliver training in our bespoke training academy, in schools and in community settings across West Lothian with plans to expand to other geographical areas. The Larder provides opportunities for trainees to identify and remove barriers, gain qualifications and move on to a positive destination.
This is a new post with a thriving training provider. The purpose of the role is to develop the widest range of employment opportunities for our trainees taking into consideration their individual needs. This will involve fostering positive relationships with trainees and strong partnerships with employers. You will develop The Larder’s employer services, including recruitment. The result of these services will be secure, suitable and sustainable job outcomes for our trainees and a well skilled and adaptable workforce for employers.
As a member of The Larder team you will be reliable, enthusiastic and capable of positive interaction with all stakeholders and colleagues and remain consistent with our company ethos and focus. You will have excellent communication skills, and able to engage with our trainees in an understanding and professional manner. Experience for the role is required and a willingness to participate in further development is essential. The post is for 37.5 hours per week but you must be flexible and able to work additional hours when reasonably required. You must also be flexible in your delivery location with weekend and evening work required when necessary. The post is rewarding and you will be part of a wider team that includes training and support staff based in various locations. Travel outside the immediate Local Authority area may be required.
- Deliver performance against agreed targets including vacancy sourcing, employer engagement, service and quality key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Undertake local research to identify and build relationships with suitable employers who are committed to supporting and employing individuals with barriers to work including health,
disability or criminal convictions.
- Promote the Service Offer to employers through relationship management, sales, marketing and communication activity.
- Maintain a good understanding of the local/regional labour market and employer needs in order to inform customers and operational delivery, identify sector specific skill training and
support targeting of sectors and employers.
- Manage a floating caseload of work ready trainees and understand their specific work-related needs, arranging appropriate pre-employment training and support to enable progression to
- Implement a needs-led approach to identifying the right employer to optimise opportunity of securing sustainable employment.
- Advise and support employers in the promotion of adapted recruitment approaches and techniques to support trainees to secure work e.g. personality based interviews, work trials,
- Promote The Larder’s mission and values to all employers and promote Fair Work practices.
- Agree a variety of support in work to trainees and employers and promote in work progression via continued learning and use of The Larder’s suite of training.
- Build and maintain relationships with a network of appropriate stakeholder partnerships to include organisations such as JCP, LAs, LEPs, Employer Forums, and Disability Forums.
- Organise and attend events to support our trainees into a positive destination i.e. open days and job fairs.
- Observe and adhere to The Larder’s values so that all trainees are provided with the same high standard of service that maximises their chances of securing sustainable employment.
- Maintain contract CRM and vacancy data to a required quality standard, to enable operations timely access to key employer related data.
- Ensure compliance with our company policies (including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security) so that trainees and colleagues are protected at all times particularly under
- Hold a good understanding of all other contract delivery including our Skill and Apprenticeship offers.
- Share key employer information with colleagues to ensure best employment fit for all customers.
Download the full Job Description HERE